Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kamal Khan measures his popularity by staging a Swayamvar through a networking website

Kamal Khan measures his popularity by staging a Swayamvar through a networking website




Kamal Rashid Khan (KRK) who recently seen in the Bigg Boss 3 house, has put an update on a social networking site which says that he got only 70 odd mails from girls who want to try their luck to wed him thro' a Swayamvar. Kamal writes in his update that he is not going ahead with the idea of having a Swayamvar for himself as he is not happy with the result and that he expected entries to pour in thousands.

This piece of information actually puzzled us, and we did give the man a call.

When asked whether he was approached by Imagine for the Swayamvar, Kamal laughed it off and said, "No". When questioned about his update on the networking site, he quipped, "That was just a joke (smiles). There is no truth to it. In fact, my friends were discussing about the idea of me hosting a swayamvar and we were generally talking about it. Also, I got few phone calls from media asking whether I was approached by the channel or not. So I wanted to deal with it in my own way, hence wrote it as a tag on the site".

We could not stop asking him whether he would really be interested in a Swayamvar, to which he reacted this way. "Who will have a Swayamvar done on television? Do you think I am Rakhi Sawant or Rahul Mahajan? If there is one person after these two, to host a swayamvar, then it has to be Sambhavna Seth. There cannot be a cheap show like this. Tell me that a girl like Deepika Padukone will try to wed me thro Swayamvar, and I am game to it", he states.

When we told him that it looks as though cricketers are being approached this time, he quickly answered, "No cricketer will accept this proposal from the channel. Wait and watch".

No comments:

Post a Comment