Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kambli has no qualms on his confessions in Sach ka Saamna

Kambli has no qualms on his confessions in Sach ka Saamna


Vinod Kambli has no qualms of what he said on Sach Ka Samna,but insists he didn't slam buddy Sachin Tendulkar

VIinod Kambli is a relieved man. He is also an angry man and his ire is directed to the media who he says accused him of slamming his childhood friend Sachin Tendulkar on Sach ka Saamna, the game show which was aired last night.

However, to a question on whether Tendulkar could have done more to help him during his self-destruct phase, Kambli replied in the affirmative on the show and went on to add that he would have been better off with some motivation. Doesn't that entail slamming a friend? "No," insisted Kambli. "I think the motivation word has been misinterpreted. Everybody needs a push and a kick. Probably, Sachin could have given me a kick up the backside. And when I say that, it does not mean I am criticising him," Kambli told MiD DAY.

Relief
On the relief he experienced, the left-handed batsman, who last played for the country in 2000, said: "I am very relieved. I have always been a genuine person and I just went out there to tell the truth and it's off my back. I am not ashamed about whatever I have said."

The anger towards the media interrupted the conversation. "I am taking legal advice on this issue. There were things that were reported which I didn't say on the show," he remarked.

Though the show is all about spilling the beans, Kambli shocked viewers with confessions which related to sex.

He also admitted that he would never want to live with his family like he had done before leaving home at the age of 11.

Is there a possibility that Kambli said things which were reported (like he being discriminated by cricket officials because of his caste) in the polygraph test? A spokesperson of the show clarified that answers on the polygraph section of the show where 50 questions are asked (before the main show) is only restricted to 'yes' or 'no'.

The contestant is only allowed to elaborate only on the main show.

However, it must be noted that Kambli quit the show when things were getting hotter in terms of the questions.

"I did not do this show for money but to let out some truths. If I wanted to do it for money, I would have played another round," Kambli said.

Breaker

My respect for Vinod Kambli has risen after watch the show. At the end of the day, he is a good human being and he showed that yesterday. You need to have guts to face this kind of questioning and be blatantly honest about things. I don't think he criticised Sachin Tendulkar when he said he should have motivated him more. It was portrayed as if he said Tendulkar is to be blamed but he did not say that.
Milind Rege
(Former Mumbai captain)

I think things were overplayed in the media (about Kambli blaming Tendulkar). At the same time, Vinod saying that Sachin should have motivated him more is a soft excuse. Remember, Sachin did not score those two double hundreds for him. I think friends can help you in your personal problems. In your professional life, friends can only be behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment