Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm sad mom has to work: Rakhi

I'm sad mom has to work: Rakhi

Whatever the intentions of the channel to include Jaya Sawant (item girl Rakhi Sawant’s estranged mother) in Bigg Boss season 3 are we don’t really Rakhi Sawant
know.


But one thing is clear- the matriarch of the Sawant family is in the public eye with a purpose. And no points for guessing that Mother Jaya is all set to white wash galore of allegations put by daughter and Bollywood’s item girl Rakhi Sawant that eventually led to the separation. Winning back Rakhi is also on her agenda.

In an interesting twist of events, Rakhi who had been fairly vocal about her estrangement with the family is now all up to support her mother locked up inside the Bigg Boss’ house. “I will tell all my friends to vote for my mother,” says Rakhi. In an exclusive chat with Afsana Ahmed, the drama queen talks about her estranged relationship with her mother, and touches upon ex-beau Elesh Purunjwala too.

Did your mother speak to you before going to the Bigg Boss’ house?

Rakhi Sawant: No, it’s her decision. She’s a celeb in her own right. In a way I am happy for her but I also feel sad. Happy because she’s on her own now, facing the world and sad that she’ll have to endure all kind of things at Bigg Boss house. For someone who couldn’t step out of her house on her own, being in that hell house is a big thing. My mother has a migraine problem, and she cannot do without her afternoon nap. And Bigg Boss doesn’t allow this. I hope she can manage it. Other than that, I also feel sad that she has to go out and work for money now. Ideally my brother and bhabi should be working and looking after her.

Have you stopped financially supporting her?

Rakhi Sawant: Not really. I had sent her a cheque of Rs 1 lakh just before my engagement. I couldn’t give more as I too have my own expenses. I had always told my mother to save money and not splurge it when I was earning for them. She would never listen. She was over indulgent. Now that she has to step out and face the world to earn money, I hope she will value money. But more importantly, I hope she values me and my unconditional support to the family all this while.

You seem to be still carrying the hurt?

Rakhi Sawant: Yes, the way we parted was very ugly. She’d told me lot of hurtful things. And it’s still hurting. Only I know what I went through to support the family since I was a young girl. My mother never understood it. Hope she realizes it and respects me.

Your mother is pining for you in Bigg Boss’ house. Is there any chance of immediate reconciliation?

Rakhi Sawant: No. Too much water has flown under the bridge. I can’t help it; I am not being able to forget how we parted. I love my mother and wish her a happy and good life. She’s also seen enough in life. She deserves happiness. I’d spoken to my brother a couple of times but I don’t talk to my mother.

Are you in touch with Elesh after your broken engagement?

Rakhi Sawant: No. I don’t want to comment elaborately but I wanted someone who would love me for what I am...sans my makeup, my worst nature, my wrinkles, and everything else. I don’t want someone who loves me because of my glamorous image. I am still waiting for my knight in shining armor.

1 comment:

  1. oh confused Rakhi, you need to see a counclor or a psychiatrist, and u need to understand that no body is perfect, you would be understood if you try to understand others.This time try harder, cuz after loosing an honest guy like Elesh , your next battle of finding a true love will definietly will be 1000 time tougher than this one. Elesh was an easy fish, Good luck

    ReplyDelete